1.3 update - (2009-12-05)
Major changes since 1.2:
- Shader programs for per-pixel lighting.
- New traction and roost system.
- ALSA sound support for Linux.
- In-game screenshot function. Bound to 's' by default.
- Rider positioning improvements.
- Nouvelle apparence des menus.
- New texture memory management code.
On peut ajouter d'important, le mode "warmup", qui permet de rejoindre la course en ligne sans attendre en mode ghost.
Aussi la possibilite d'orienter la moto apres un crash, en maintenant B (reculer) et pleins de bonnes choses !
Pour plus de détails, voici listés les snapshots jusqu'au patch 1.3.
- Bold new graphics.
- Now prints texture memory used after loading tracks.
- View vector is interpolated more accurately in fragment shaders.
- Fixed tiled normal/specular maps.
- Animated (.seq) textures can now tile.
- Animated textures can now use png files. (Working example here.)
- Track list is now sorted by descriptive name rather than folder name.
- Fixed sub-frame key timing.
Here's an example .seq file and what everything means:
ANIM1 6 4 8 1
0 1 2 3 2 1
In the first line, 6 is the length of the animation sequence. 4 is the number of images. 8 is the time per frame in 1/128 second steps. The 1 makes the animation loop.
The second line is the sequence the frames will appear in. In this example it will run through the frames forward then backward.
The rest of the lines tell it where to load the images from. The images must have the same width, height and depth.
2009-11-06 snapshot (updated again and again...)
- Normal and specular maps.
- Added 'Skip' key - jumps ahead one second. Defaults to '/'.
To find the normal and specular maps, the game will remove .png from the texture and replace it with _norm.png or _spec.png. If that fails, it will then try removing .jm from the model and replacing it with _norm.png or _spec.png, but only for statues. For bikes and riders, it will fall back to the base texture name with .png replaced (e.g. rm125_norm.png).
The normal maps are tangent space normal maps. The tangent vectors should match the ones that Blender uses.
The specular maps should have the specular color for the RGB values and the shininess for the alpha. If the alpha is fully opaque (alpha=255) it will use the specular value from the model, otherwise, alpha=0 sets the specular exponent to 0, and alpha=254 sets the exponent to 128.
- Don't use "half" for variable names as it is a reserved word in ATI's compiler.
- Filter norm/spec maps out of the skin list.
- Fixed tangent vector bug for weighted meshes.
- Fixed bug where texture unit 1 was left on after drawing statues.
See? I told you these aren't well tested...
- Fixed fog bug.
- Fixed editor bug.
- Fixed environment coordinate generation bug.
- Lighting and environment mapping is now done per pixel if shaders are available and enabled. (No normal maps yet.)
- Lighting shader now adds specular after texture.
- Fixed bug where you get incorrectly counted as lapped if you cross the finish line when the checkered flag is out for the leader.
- Dab button now aims camera at current rider in free camera mode.
- New "spy mode" lets you watch other players even if you aren't a spectator. Use /togglespy in the chat screen to activate it.
- Rider's leg position is a little different now.
- When recovering from a fall, the bike will not turn towards the next gate if the reverse button is held down.
- If you steer while backing up, the bike will be turned to match the steering.
- Fixed bug where file descriptors were not getting closed after loading pngs.
- Roost density can now be set through the menus.
- Map now shows player's status. (green=leading gray=finished)
- Roost no longer rendered when it gets close to the camera.
- New track file, "tileinfo".
- Roost is now tile specific.
- Friction can now be set depending on slip speed.
- Rolling resistance can now be set depending on angular velocity.
- Shading can now have twice the dynamic range. The new file is named "shadingx2.ppm".
Here's a track that uses some of the new features.
The above track, newtiletest.zip, is public domain. Feel free to use it or modify it any way you like.
- Fixed memory leak bug and a few other annoyances.
- The roost can now throw more than one particle per step per wheel
- Added warmup mode for online play. You can now ride around without collisions instead of just spectating when you join.
- Better texture/model memory management.